What Bike and Build is all about...

Bike and Build is a non-profit organization that raises money and awareness for the affordable housing crisis through the arrangement of cross-country biking trips. The organization primarily engages college students ages 18-25 on 8 different routes. Specifically, Bike and Build attempts to engage young adults in a life-long commitment to service and philanthropy by providing participants with a very intimate approach to the affordable housing crisis. For more information about the organization, check out their website at www.bikeandbuild.org.

Also, a very big thank you to everyone who donated to the cause. Each rider is required to raise a minimum of $4,000 and my current total is $6,770! Thank you again for your support!


Monday, May 24, 2010

Ride around Cape Ann

Today I went on a ride around Cape Ann! I rode from Manchester up Rt. 127 to Rockport and then rode back through Essex. Normally I ride up through Essex up to Ipswich, but I felt like changing it up today and it was a great experience. Most of the time I was able to ride next to the ocean which was great. The only low part of the whole ride was riding through Gloucester which smelled like a combination of sweat and dead fish. Below I've attached a photo from when I stopped to take a break.

From the bike computer...
33.50 miles
2h:04m:24s
16.16 Average MPH
32.2 Max Speed

No comments:

Post a Comment