What Bike and Build is all about...

Bike and Build is a non-profit organization that raises money and awareness for the affordable housing crisis through the arrangement of cross-country biking trips. The organization primarily engages college students ages 18-25 on 8 different routes. Specifically, Bike and Build attempts to engage young adults in a life-long commitment to service and philanthropy by providing participants with a very intimate approach to the affordable housing crisis. For more information about the organization, check out their website at www.bikeandbuild.org.

Also, a very big thank you to everyone who donated to the cause. Each rider is required to raise a minimum of $4,000 and my current total is $6,770! Thank you again for your support!


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

And so it begins...

FALL BREAK!

Or as Italians say with their broken English, "You do holiday?". My plans for the break: Vienna, Austria to see Kaulin Mckowen and Ryan Briggs. London, England to see Carolina and Marius Mostert. Manchester, England to see Casey Zmudzinski. Finally, Leicester, England to see another B&B friend, Anthony Lazarus. To put it mildly this week was about as epic as it gets. So let me begin chronologically.

Vienna

Right when I arrive Kaulin makes me an egg sandwich. He would make a great housewife. We proceed onwards to the sites. A big church (yep another big church, Europeans love this stuff), the national Library, their parliament, and finally the best part...Schönbrunn Palace. Known colloquially to us as Sean Brown's House (much easier to pronounce and it also sounds like a rapper lives there). This place was massive, I could drive my car through the house and not even scratch the paint. In fact, if I owned the home I would probably put a car inside just to save me the 20 minutes it would take me to get from my bedroom to the bathroom if I were to walk. Honestly, what kind of a boss was the Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian II? A major one if you ask me. The guy loaded the property with pheasants and geese so he could shoot stuff from his balcony. How awesome would this life be? Wake up at 10am to breakfast in bed delivered by Austrian super-models, then go out on your balcony for a morning hunt! But, wait there's more, you feel a gurgling in your stomach so you hop in your hummer and drive across the house to your bathroom. In essence, your life would be a lot like this guy. Opulence, I has it.

Here are some pictures:

P.S. Austrians loved jacked naked dudes doing manly things just as much as Italians FYI.





1 comment:

  1. Who DOESN'T love jacked naked dudes doing manly things?

    In other news, I totally used to play sax with Ryan Briggs. In like middle school. Small world!

    ReplyDelete