What Bike and Build is all about...

Bike and Build is a non-profit organization that raises money and awareness for the affordable housing crisis through the arrangement of cross-country biking trips. The organization primarily engages college students ages 18-25 on 8 different routes. Specifically, Bike and Build attempts to engage young adults in a life-long commitment to service and philanthropy by providing participants with a very intimate approach to the affordable housing crisis. For more information about the organization, check out their website at www.bikeandbuild.org.

Also, a very big thank you to everyone who donated to the cause. Each rider is required to raise a minimum of $4,000 and my current total is $6,770! Thank you again for your support!


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vienna Part II

Some notes about the pictures:

Austrians seem to have an affection for Blazing Saddles with their own classical interpretations of Mongo punching one of the Johnson's horses. I swear I saw probably 20 different representations of horses being punched by a half naked guy (seeing a theme here, I'm starting to wonder about these Austrians) throughout the city and you can see one below. Also, as you can see from the picture of my friends and I we decided to "frat hard" and wear our letters to Sean Brown's. We blended into Austrian culture by mispronouncing every famous site and discussing the pure badassery of the U.S. in relation to all other nations in the world.

Finally, despite widespread rumors that I am so incredible that I can now fly, the picture of my feet above the Vienna skyline was actually taken from a giant rotating swing at an amusement park. Unfortunately, they strapped me in pretty tight so I am unable to confirm or deny the flying rumors. Tune in later for more info.




No comments:

Post a Comment