What Bike and Build is all about...

Bike and Build is a non-profit organization that raises money and awareness for the affordable housing crisis through the arrangement of cross-country biking trips. The organization primarily engages college students ages 18-25 on 8 different routes. Specifically, Bike and Build attempts to engage young adults in a life-long commitment to service and philanthropy by providing participants with a very intimate approach to the affordable housing crisis. For more information about the organization, check out their website at www.bikeandbuild.org.

Also, a very big thank you to everyone who donated to the cause. Each rider is required to raise a minimum of $4,000 and my current total is $6,770! Thank you again for your support!


Sunday, July 11, 2010

Indiana, Illinois and more!





Add some corn and soybean to the mix and you have Indiana. Next stop
Illinois! Woo!



Me, Amy, Justine, Adrienne, and Mallory at the border of central
standard time. I'm a time traveler.



There is a LOT of corn in the midwest. I mean a lot... Don't forget
soybeans either.

The skies in the morning are beautiful but as the temperature rises
the headwinds pick up and riding becomes very difficult.







Cropduster!

There wasn't a sign for the state of Iowa so here is a really bad
picture of the Mississippi as I rode over it in heavy traffic.



That pretty much catches yall up on my adventures. Sorry there aren't
any specific stories but it's really difficult to type wonderful
literature on an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhoneIndiana is a very boring place. I wish I could say nicer things about
the state but I am really happy we only stayed two nights there before
getting to Illinois. Here is the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment